So I was like, I'm a teenage otherkin.

Articles about otherkin, magic, spirituality, and related topics. This section can be viewed by guests.

Re: So I was like, I'm a teenage otherkin.

Postby just me on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 am

I'm glad that I didn't awaken until after I had moved out and was on my own. Everything was very difficult for me and I had no clue what was going on- I thought that vampires were just in the movies... :)
Now are thoughts thou shalt not banish--
Now are visions ne'er to vanish;
from thy spirit they shall pass
No more-- like dew-drops from from the grass.

E. A. P.
just me

kin type: vampire
Spiritual Path: Christian

Re: So I was like, I'm a teenage otherkin.

Postby skorpio on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Another part of a teenage life, are parents or some sort of custody-holder. We all have 'em, and whether you love them or hate them, they can be complicated to deal with. This is not exclusive to otherkin, it's a crucial part of teenage life. Now, just because they let you go to Chelsea's no-adults crazy party or just because they said nothing when they caught you and Mike making out on the couch, it doesn't mean that they will be equally accepting that you are a vampire, or that you had an existance as a cat/gnome/orc/chupacabra (in fact the latter might alarm them slightly). So don't tell them unless you KNOW for sure that they actually will believe you, or that at least they won't express parental concern over this. A good attitude to adopt is having them get the idea that you're not abolsutely convinced of this even if you are. That way, they might be less likely to fuss over it.

I've been on this forum for a year and I haven't told anyone yet. :lol:
"Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home."
- James Joyce
skorpio

kin type: ?

Previous

Return to Articles