Multiplicity: What and How?

Articles about otherkin, magic, spirituality, and related topics. This section can be viewed by guests.

Re: Multiplicity: What and How?

Postby BlissfulIsis on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:19 pm

That is the problem with saying things, being offensive is objective. Since he used quoted from my post, in my opinion, the only person who should even be able to be offended is me and I am not, but i knew he was joking.
There is nothing more uncommon than common sense. Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
BlissfulIsis

Postby Xanthus on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:21 pm

BlissfulIsis wrote:That is the problem with saying things, being offensive is objective. Since he used quoted from my post, in my opinion, the only person who should even be able to be offended is me and I am not, but i knew he was joking.

Actually it's subjective, not objective.
Offense, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Just drop it. :roll:
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
Xanthus

kin type: Unsure
Spiritual Path: Truth

Postby BlissfulIsis on Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:26 pm

The Garnet Host wrote:Asking and observing would be my recommendation. They could be fragments, which are not as developed as a full person and may not have a full range of emotions. Or they could just be specialized, like the Beast in our system,

Well, I know that she is a full personality that I can let out whenever I so choose or can be drawn out by certain people if I allow them to do so. I have never really concerned myself about her being there. Not even sure she is even a multiple to tell youthe truth or just a portion of myself that I locked away.
There is nothing more uncommon than common sense. Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. Albert Einstein
BlissfulIsis

Postby nissae on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:59 am

Archer wrote:
Elinox wrote:I do have a question for you though. Would some therians, if not all of them, then be considered "multiples" as they often have a human side and an animal side?

-=snip=-

While I refer to myself as human side/wolf side, the two are not separate entities and I simply make the distinction for clarity sake.

There's your answer right there. If your "human side" and your "wolf side" are two sides of the same person then no you are not a multiple. If they are two different but linked individuals then yes you are.

My human side(s) and my fae sides are different but linked individuals. I like the concise way you described that!
nissae

kin type: fae

Postby Elinox on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:12 pm

The Garnet Host wrote:That's a good one...and we haven't run into much therian discussion on the multiple communities we frequent. It could be different "ego states," as psychologists call it - different sides of the same person coming out to handle different situations. With the way you feel, that's what I would assume is happening for you. Given what I've heard from therians and from other 'kin who talk about having a "kinside" as if it's a different person but don't act like there's a real boundary between that and the human side, I'm guessing the furthest it would go is a sort of median-like arrangement where there are two balanced aspects of the same self.

But that's pure theory on my part, as we don't have any therians and we haven't heard from a lot of therians about how exactly their mental processes work with respect to their therianthropy.

You misunderstand. I am not a multiple, I was just asking if some therians could be considered multiples. I would assume they could be, I just wasn't sure if it had been discussed as a cause of therianthropy before. As I said in my original reply, I'm a wolf in a human body and I only make the human side/wolf side distinction for clarity sake online. Thanks for the info though!

Archer wrote:There's your answer right there. If your "human side" and your "wolf side" are two sides of the same person then no you are not a multiple. If they are two different but linked individuals then yes you are.

Exactly! Thanks Archer!
I created this banner. If you want one too, see here. Please do not copy, alter, edit, ect. Thank you.

"Life's too short to be anything but happy." -Karl Marx
Elinox
Professional Pirate
Professional Pirate

kin type: seawolf

Postby wicthdragon on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:24 am

This sounds interresting ' and i enjoyed reading this and i can relate to some of it and i may have to re read this ' later but any way good job.
The God Maker

wicthdragon

kin type: Mixed
Spiritual Path: Pagan

Postby momo on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:33 am

Thanks for sharing, Garnets. It was indeed very useful. *bows*
Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
momo
the contagious smile
the contagious smile

kin type: Bunch o' humans

Postby Spanky on Thu May 08, 2008 9:20 pm

I have a similar system set up for identifying (usually just to myself) the different personalities and their states of being.

Dominant: same as "Fronting" - the personality that's interacting with, and aware of, outward reality
Co-dominance: When multiple personalities are dominant at once. Usually it's just two that both want to engage in the situation, occasionally three.
Puppeting: A state during which a personality indirectly controls any part of the body from "afar". Think of it as being similar to demonic possession portrayed in Hollywood movies (only without the special effects or the drama.) Normally, this state of mind is reserved for emergency situations, such that for whatever reason, no one is able to step forth and control what's going on. However it can be interesting to practice.

Sleeping: "sleep" is the state of mind in which a personality is not consciously aware of reality. The personality will usually just be off in its own little world, ignored by the "wakeful" members unless that personality is needed for a skill or a memory that only it has. When a Sleeping member is awoken, it requires a period of time (known as Grogginess) to recollect its own memories, and to collect the currently known information about its situation.
Death: A state of unconsciousness far beyond sleep. The personality is rejected by all the other personalities, and a belief exists that the "enemy" personality is not, or is no longer, a part of us. Only two personalities have suffered through a state of Death in my lifetime. It was not pretty trying to kill them, and it isn't pretty trying to revive and rehabilitate them.

Rising: When a personality "rises to the surface", normally to the surprise of the dominant personality, and takes over. Sometimes it is a gradual, gentle shift; other times it is abrupt and shocking, both to me and to the people around me. "Move the f*** over, it's MY turn!"
Sinking: When a personality realizes it doesn't want to deal with a situation, and it sort of slinks back down and hides, waiting for a more enthusiastic personality to take its place. If no personality immediately takes its place, a state called Emptiness occurs.

Emptiness: There's no personality traits, no decisions being made, and no directed thought occurring. It's almost like being awake and dreaming, where your thoughts just kind of drift randomly. I'll normally stare off into space until something snaps the attention of one of my personalities.
Spanky
Banned
Banned

kin type: Reaver/Shapeshifter
Spiritual Path: Walked many, chose none

Postby Wolfbrother on Fri May 09, 2008 10:53 am

In my body I handel my day to day things then I just kinda tell the wolf to take over and he does, or if there is somthing I has to do he takes control instantly, or we blend the two. Whatever we feel like

Wolfbrother
Wolfbrother

kin type: Werewolves
Spiritual Path: Just my personal theories.

Postby dazedwolf on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:23 pm

Is it possible to "pull out" or create a new aspect of self who can eventually progress to the point where he/she becomes an actual entity in addition to the host - intentionally?

I've always read that this is often the method behind the creation of trauma-based systems - the core personality creates facets or splits to deal with things she/he cannot deal with, basically? At least that is my understanding.

But say someone found a personality aspect and focused on expanding it separately from the rest of themselves - would this aspect have the potential to become a multiple, or would this be more along the lines of a median system?

Hoping I've got the right terminology here!
Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes
That call me on and on across the universe
dazedwolf

kin type: Therian

PreviousNext

Return to Articles