The Rules - updated September 29, 2009

Articles about otherkin, magic, spirituality, and related topics. This section can be viewed by guests.

The Rules - updated September 29, 2009

Postby kahoku on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 am

UPDATED JANUARY 17, 2017

OKP RULES
There are two sets of rules: those that can get you banned, and those that we describe as "common courtesy". The latter will not provoke a warning or ban unless broken excessively (which, in fact, is a breach of rule 1.4) or broken again after the staff repeatedly asked you to stop (breach of rule 1.3).

1. RULES THAT CAN GET YOU BANNED

1.1. Politeness. All members shall act in a civil manner. Please be polite and respective of other members’ beliefs. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

1.2. Language. Language shall remain professional at all times, excessive vulgarities or slang which will include slurs and chat language is prohibited. We are a PG/PG13 board.

1.3. Staff. Members of the administrative staff have the final word, we are open to discussion, but not argument. If a staff member is using red font, they are making it clear that they are talking as a mod/admin, they have the final word, and everything else has to be handled via PM with them or an admin, not in the current topic.

1.4. Drama. This forum is here for support, as well as for learning. Content or placement of petty personal issues that serve to detract from these goals is prohibited. Save the drama for your journals please.

1.5. Introduction. After your account is activated, please have the courtesy to introduce yourself in the appropriate subforum. We don't mind if after that you prefer to read more posts as opposed to posting, but an introduction gives our members a chance to welcome you properly to the forum and to get acquainted with you. If you have 0 posts after a month of activation, your account will be deleted.

1.6. One account. There will be a limit of one account per physical body. If you need help with your account, please do not create another, just contact the team

1.7. Spamming. Is not permitted and users will be banned.

1.8. Advertising. Is allowed as long as it's relevant to 'kin-related issues, or with permission from the mod team beforehand.

1.9. Follow the Rules. You must abide by the rules and we will assume you have read them. Ignorance is no excuse. However if you have questions, the staff is open and friendly and is more than willing to help you in any way they can.

2. COMMON COURTESY

2.1. Readability. Please watch your spelling and grammar. We have members who do not speak English as their first language so please be mindful of your punctuation and spelling. If you need help, please contact a staff member.

2.2. Stay on topic. Do not hijack topics or partake in extended off-topic discussion. Open a new thread or ask a moderator to split the existing topic in two.

2.3. Drama prevention. Assume that everyone here is your friend. In case of ambiguity, expect the other person to have meant their statement in a non-offensive way. Written media doesn’t transport emotions very well. Also, don't forget that you can always ask questions if you're unsure about the other member's intentions. This goes especially for questions about your kin nature - they are posted out of curiosity, not malevolence.

2.4. Duplicate topics. Browse the section and/or use the search tool before opening a topic - perhaps it has already been discussed before. We especially advise you to make use of the "I'm leaving" and "I'm back" topics in the introductions section. Please spare the moderators the work of merging topics.

2.5. Posting elsewhere. Everything on OKP stays on OKP. In respect to members privacy, no information may be re-posted elsewhere without the owner's permission. This is for security and is also just common courtesy. The reverse is also true: leave drama/issues/concerns about other forums, social media sites, personal blogs, other members, etc. off of OKP.

2.6. Attitude. A warning that OKP is for those curious, intelligent and rational individuals. While questioning and even grilling is allowed, members must still do so in a respectful, adult-like manner. Be respectful of others beliefs and the same courtesy will be shown to you.
Support OKP! >> Image << Get a unique user title!
kahoku
cookie demon
cookie demon

kin type: median (demon core)
Spiritual Path: chaotibuddhimanistic

Re: The Rules

Postby zimmerchild on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 am

kahoku wrote:5. Please watch your spelling and grammar. We have members who do not speak English as a first language so please be mindful of your punctuation and spelling.

i might have an issue with this rule, as i've always been a poor speller, and i write a little "funny" where people have trouble understanding me. i speak pretty much exactly like i type, except no one knows i can't spell. lol.
~Zola.

zimmerchild
Dark Goddess
Dark Goddess

kin type: Hybrid Vampire
Spiritual Path: Dark Pagan

Postby momo on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:07 am

Read and acknowledged~
Thanks to Elinox for the banner!
Fear the Lishie, Blake and Rizumu.
momo
the contagious smile
the contagious smile

kin type: Bunch o' humans

Postby kahoku on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:56 pm

zimmerchild wrote:
kahoku wrote:5. Please watch your spelling and grammar. We have members who do not speak English as a first language so please be mindful of your punctuation and spelling.

i might have an issue with this rule, as i've always been a poor speller, and i write a little "funny" where people have trouble understanding me. i speak pretty much exactly like i type, except no one knows i can't spell. lol.

i'm able to read what you just posted, so you should be fine. there's no spelling police, but htings liike thi sare not waht we w@nt 2 s33.
kahoku
cookie demon
cookie demon

Re: The Rules - updated Jan. 13

Postby kahoku on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:18 pm

added a rule about introductions and 0-posters.
kahoku
cookie demon
cookie demon

Postby Deros on Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:58 pm

kahoku wrote:
zimmerchild wrote:

i'm able to read what you just posted, so you should be fine. there's no spelling police, but htings liike thi sare not waht we w@nt 2 s33.

What? Of course there's a spelling police (just not an official one). There are plenty of people here that are self-proclaimed grammer nazis, and there's quite a bit of grey area between spelling police and grammer nazi.

Also- reading that sentence actually hurt. Please, everybody, don't put me through things like that.
I would have learned a lot from life if I hadn't spent most of my time being educated.
Deros

kin type: Polymorph/Dragon Multiple
Spiritual Path: Pantheistic Realist

Postby Rauthiss on Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:08 pm

*raises hand*

Spelling and grammar nazi, right here!

And yes; talking like that is sick and wrong.
Rauthiss

kin type: Dragon; or close enough.
Spiritual Path: Unique

Postby Xanthus on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Good rules. *pets the rules* No bitey.
LONG LIVE THE COMMUNITY!!!
Xanthus

kin type: Unsure
Spiritual Path: Truth

Postby zimmerchild on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:01 pm

kahoku wrote:
zimmerchild wrote:

lol. well i definetly don't talk like that. it offends me to tell you the truth. i've had people im me talking like that, they end up on my ignore list.
~Zola.

zimmerchild
Dark Goddess
Dark Goddess

kin type: Hybrid Vampire
Spiritual Path: Dark Pagan

Postby kahoku on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:14 pm

zimmerchild wrote:lol. well i definetly don't talk like that. it offends me to tell you the truth. i've had people im me talking like that, they end up on my ignore list.

same here. also goes for mmorpg's.
kahoku
cookie demon
cookie demon

Next

Return to Articles