Balancers

Articles about otherkin, magic, spirituality, and related topics. This section can be viewed by guests.

Re: Balancers

Postby Iro on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:43 pm

<--Wants some loving to his post, Seraphyna! o_o
Iro

Location: Currently the Windswept Paths outside of Pandemonium and the Demon Pits of Tartarus (Tulsa, OK, clos
kin type: Elf/Sylph by any name
Spiritual Path: My own spirituality; eclectic, animist, mystic

Postby Seraphyna on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 pm

I just saw the (To Freetha) and no (To Sera) so I didn't realize you were waiting on an answer from me. My bad.

Iro wrote:
My thought, however, is that no matter how we slice it, the words come back to being abstractions created by observers to explain their observations - that is, they are dependent on observers, they represent an "anthropological" element (at least to the minds of humans; I lack an adjective to describe entities aware of both self and environment).

I agree. It is also worth repeating that with human minds and understandings currently we can only explain things so well in human terms.

Iro wrote:
If, however, we assume that there is existence and that existence isn't static, as we are in this discussion, then we are assuming the existence of energy. In such a reality, there need be no observers, though that wouldn't stop energy from existing. To this end, what makes this energy inherently ordered or chaotic?

To me, energy has those inherent qualities. I didn't create it, I didn't pattern it, I just deal with the product. Energy has many qualities, different ones to different people, but in my belief system if you remove all associations to said energy that are given to it by the worker/believer/individual/etc. chaos and order are the base attributes...the inherent qualities of that energy.

Why? I have no idea, but it's my understanding of things, belief, etc. It would be like asking something along the lines of "why does X element have X number of electrons in its outer shell?" I know/believe that it has that many, but why it has that many I don't know...I didn't create X element I just believe/know it exists and has that many electrons.

I hope I'm making sense.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."-Tolkien
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
Seraphyna
Site Admin
Site Admin

kin type: Lion and reef shark
Spiritual Path: Spiritually Apathetic

Postby Harlock on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:53 pm

I havent heard the term balancers in awhile! another term that may help with this, is enforcers, but very well written.
Harlock

kin type: Angel
Spiritual Path: Free believer

Previous

Return to Articles